Chat is a core part of Threads. Other than just catch up with teammates, you can do things like reply to messages or start a thread from a message.
Keep the chat organized by replying to specific messages.
To reply to a message:
- 1.Go to the message in the chat that you want to reply to
- 2.Go to the right corner of the message and click the arrow icon Reply to message
- 3.Write your reply and send the message
Would that chat discussion be better as a thread? Start a thread from the chat.
To start a thread from a chat:
- 1.Go to the message that you want to start a thread from
- 2.Go to the right corner of the message and click the Start a thread icon
- 3.Modify the selection of messages you want to include in the thread. You can select specific messages and leave out ones that you don't want to include in the thread
- 4.Add any additional context to the thread
- 5.Post the thread
You can mark any message for follow up. When you do, the chat will appear in your inbox when it's ready to follow up on it.
To mark a message for follow up:
- 1.Go to the message in the chat
- 2.Hover over the message
- 3.Select the Follow up icon and pick when you'd like to follow up on the message
You can start a video call in any chat using our Zoom integration.
To start a Zoom call in a chat:
- 1.Make sure the Zoom integration is enabled from your organization's Integrations page
- 2.Go to the chat where you want to start the Zoom call
- 3.Type /zoom and send the message
A Zoom call will be automatically started for everyone in the chat to join.