Organization admins can require that all members enable two-factor authentication and/or have strong passwords to be a member of the organization.
- Two-factor authentication: Anyone on Threads can enable two-factor authentication for their account using an authenticator app to verify their identity when they sign in on a phone or computer that we don't recognize. Once you enable two-factor authentication using an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile), you can also add security keys (like Yubikey or Google Titan) for a more convenient way to verify your identity.
- Password requirements: If you choose to enable password requirements (enforcing length requirements), all organization members will need to verify their password manually because we don't store their password. Any member who doesn't use a password to sign into Threads is automatically compliant.
To set this up for your organization:
- Go to your organization on the left-side navigation
- Go to Settings
- Go to Security
- Check the box to require two-factor authentication
- Check the box to require that all member passwords are a certain length